May 4, 2017

EOG Review and TPT Thursday

With EOG's (End of Grades) just around the corner, my kiddos and I are almost in constant review mode! We are finishing up our last math unit on Monday and then will spend three wonderful weeks reviewing to make sure their hearts and minds are prepared for the test. I always tell my precious students that one test does not define you as a student; however, I think motivation plays a huge part in how each student performs on test day.

To keep their motivation and effort high, I try to make our review days extra fun and engaging. Students sometimes have a tendency to want to "drift off" since they have already learned that concept. However, if you have them up and moving around they are more engaged. During our review days I will play many SmartBoard review games, do some partner learning, and have scavenger hunts around the school. Another great (and easy) way to get students moving in your own class is through a task card review.

Task cards are a simple and effective way to have students moving around while reviewing what they know. The great thing about task cards is you can use them many different ways. For me personally, the way that I get the most bank for my buck out of task cards is by cutting them apart and laying one on each desk around the room. Students are then given their recording sheet and move around the room working each problem out one desk at a time. Students then write their answer on their recording sheet and turn in for me to take a quick glance at their answers.

To celebrate (yes, celebrate) the upcoming EOG's and review time, I've placed my favorite Order of Operations task card set on sale for just $1 for the next 48 hours. Aligned to 5th grade Common Core standards, these 32 task cards are a great way to review with your kiddos during the end of the year! Click on the pictures to snatch up your own set :)






No comments:

Post a Comment