May 1, 2017

Meeting Mrs. Godwin

Hello there, welcome new friends! My name is Alyssa Godwin and I am the blogger behind Simply Mrs. Godwin. I am a 5th grade teacher in the beautiful state of North Carolina and absolutely love doing what I do. I feel so fortunate to be in a career that sparks creativity and challenges you to be a better person every day.


The 2016-2017 school year is my third year teaching and while I have taught at two different schools, all three years have been in 5th grade. For me, 5th grade was my favorite grade as a student and it has been a no brainer all these years that it was the grade I wanted to started teaching in as well. I find the curriculum to be challenging but fun and while most of my students are taller than me (I'm a shorty) I love that they are not too cool for school just yet!

For the past two years I had a monogramming shop on Etsy but decided recently that I really wanted to chase after my dreams of being the best educator possible for my students. Not long there after I closed my beloved Etsy shop but knew I wanted (and needed) something to fill all my newly gained "free time"...do teachers really have any free time?!? Thus, the idea of Simply Mrs. Godwin was born and I am so excited to be sharing it finally with you all.

To me, blogging is such a wonderful (and easy) way to connect with so many other educators around the country to gain new ideas and share inspiration. My hope is that Simply Mrs. Godwin can become a place of happiness for all my new teacher blog friends :)

I have also launched my new Teachers Pay Teachers Store and would love for you all to come follow me there. In the top right hand corner you can find my social media links for BlogLovin', TPT, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook where I would love to connect even more with you all.

I'd love to know a little bit more about YOU! Introduce yourself below and let me know what grade you teach and where!


No comments:

Post a Comment